Thursday, April 3, 2008

San Fran Vaca (translates to San Fransisco Vacation)

Well Jason and I took a little trip this past weekend to the lovely San Fransisco, CA. We had a great trip and it was the perfect place to site see and relax. Jason and I had a VERY hard week last week. So this was the perfect way to celebrate it being over.

We did a lot of walking. That is actually an understatement. We walked to the Golden gate bridge thinking it wasn't that far. Ha! We will never do that again. We will drive there next time. It was a nice walk there, but once we got there we realized we had to walk back. Oops. We were making memories:)

Over all it was a great adventure and we had a blast just soaking up the California air and all the weirdos. I mean they grow like grass over there:) We actually had a homeless man pretend he was a bush and jump/screamed out at us. Jason screamed like a little girl. It was so funny and so scary all at the same time. Jason gave him some money for being creative.



China Town





This is how we spent most of the first day...figuring out which way the map went.



This was by far the best breakfast I have ever had! It was Delicious in so many ways.



Jason and those crazy seals.






YUM!!



Our romantic dinner in North Beach at a restaurant suggested by our friends the Galyean's. (thank you!)


Hanging out at Alcatraz







We did as much free stuff as we could and one of those was a free video game museum. It was neat and weird all at the same time. They had some really old games. This is one that Jason insisted I try.



This mini Vaca was fabulous! We are about to go on another adventure...I will blog about that soon.

11 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Glad you posted! Brings back lots of mems. :) Did you steal any tulips from Pier 39? Kidding. I'm kidding!!! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure.

campers said...

yay for a new post and yay for your vaca.....glad y'all had fun...sorry i missed your call yesterday...i will call ya today cause I want to hear all about it!!!

Felicia said...

I'm so glad ya'll had a great trip to San Fran. I remember going to Alcatraz when we took a family trip to San Fransisco and thinking how interesting it was. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure...what could that be?

Laura Webb said...

Jealous much? Looks like you had fun...was that one restraunt 2 stories? I think I ate there the first time I went!! You didn't post enough pictures!!!

Kelli said...

SO FUN! SF is my favorite city in the whole world! I'm so glad y'all had a great time, and I'm excited to hear about your next adventure!

PS...I totally forgot about Thursday, and when I realized I'd forgotten, it was already Friday. I am so sorry! We are busy this coming Thursday. Is there another night that works for y'all?

Macy said...

That is so funny. Probably the same homeless guy did the same thing to me and Chad last April in San Fran.....unless that is a popular thing for the homeless to do there. I screamed even after seeing him do it to someone else. Glad you had a fun trip.

the thorntons said...

Didn't you get your tattoo in San Fran?! Or am I imagining that? I love SF too...weirdos included. So glad you had a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

A homeless man (pretending to be a bush) jumping out at me would make me scream like a girl too. Don't get down about it, Jason.

Jason O'Quinn

Shanta said...

The screaming homeless man is famous and I think has been there for 15 years at least! They did it to 25 of us on ACU Spring Break Campaign many moons ago. very funny to hear all the boys scream like girlies... Thank you again for the wonderful visit last week- it was wondeful!

allyo said...

I love SF and super jealous that yall are able to just pack up and go! I have a picture of the "bush man" on my blog from when we went to SF last year. I laughed out loud when you brought that up! Looking forward to spending time with you!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pictures & comments! I am excited about your new house & can't wait to see it!
I am so glad you are doing this blogspot (it looks great!) I will look forward to keeping up with reports on the 'remodeling' adventures!
Love you! Virginia