Thursday, March 20, 2008

2 Years Already?!

That's right folks, yesterday was our 2 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe how fast time flies!
My sweet husband sent me some of my favorite flowers to work. He did such a good job:) We went to dinner at the restaurant we had our very first date, Patrizio's. So yummy and very romantic. Except on our first date he drove me crazy. We laughed last night how much we got on each others nerves that night and now we are married! God works in mysterious ways!


This is what Jason made for me last year. It is a lamp. He had me answer some questions and then he answered the same ones. Then he hung them up on the lamp. Pretty sweet if you ask me, I might be a little bias.
He hasn't finished my gift for this year, but I bet it is something special too. He has been working on it for a couple of months. I will definitely post about it when I get it.



My sweet husband wrote our wedding vows, and they are beautiful! A while after we were married he made this frame with them printed out. The frame hangs over our bed and we are able to see and read them all the time. He did such a good job and to bring them to life is even more special.


I am not very good with traditions but I try. So every anniversary (there have only been 2) we take a picture and hold up the year. We look forward to the years we have to hold up our toes too:)


This is the picture from last year. Talk about some awesome hair. You can tell we have changed a little in one year:)


Well two anniversaries down many many more to come!

17 comments:

the thorntons said...

Congratulations!!! I haven't even met Jason, but he seems so creative and thoughtful. I love your picture tradition too...what are you going to do when you get past 20 years and you run out of fingers AND toes?!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! he he, that was such a memorable time making it to the wedding! I remember that! i love it that yal wrote your vows! good for you! Lots of love, miss you chica and can't wait for our adventure!

Kelli said...

Absolutely precious. Y'all are such a great couple, we love you both so much! We need to get together soon. Love ya!

Carolyn said...

You two are so cute. Happy Anniversary!

annalee said...

that lamp is awesome! happy anniversary to you!

Shanta said...

Yeah!!! Happy Anniversary! I am glad to have found your blog. I will now be a regular visitor! I remember your wedding was the rainiest day ever in history. I thought we were all going to float away! Best wishes for the year- SM

andydawn said...

SOO sweet! I love the vows....very creative ;)

Angela said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BOOKERS!!

Kelby said...

congrats on the deuce

Mauri said...

YAY! Congratulations. Too precious. I likewise remember how rainy your wedding day was because it prevented us from making the trip up from Waco. Sad. But the day was perfect anyway! And now you are an old married couple! Just for fun, you should give the toes a test drive for year 3!

Shauna said...

Happy anniversary! Cant wait to see your year 2 gift!

campers said...

happy anniversary! Have fun this weekend!!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I just found your blog. I'm glad to have a place to keep up with you. I had been wondering when you were going to start one!

Juli Beth

Britney K said...

Congrats on the 2 year mark! I LOVE the story of your first date. Isn't the Lord funny... I've tuned in late to your blog apparently. It's fun to read!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Leigh Ann!!! I finally found your blog. It's good to catch up on your life. Happy Anniversary. Check out my page so you can see my girls. Keep in touch!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Glad to see you made it over to Alcatraz, unlike our Spring Break Campain back in the day!