Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Adventure

That's right to all 5 of you who read my blog, Jason and I are going on a new adventure. We bought and closed on a house Monday! Yippee, hooray!

I still can't believe we have our very own home. It's been a great experience. We only looked at one house (that is because I had obsessively weeded them down on the Internet for the past 3 months). We had a good friend from church, Jason O'Quinn, be our Realtor/mortgage man. Shout out to Jason, you are awesome!

And most importantly, we stayed in budget.



We aren't moving into it just right away. It needs just a little bit of updating, i.e. floors, paint and some fun stuff like that. The house was built in 1960 so it has been around for a while. But that is why we love it, it has such great character and TREES! Being from Abilene I didn't know what a real tree was. Jason is from East Texas and he does. We have always wanted a magnolia tree. When we went to see the house for the first time, Guess what was in the front yard....


A house warming present from God. Thank you God for our magnolia tree.


Here are some pictures of the house. The pictures have the previous home owners stuff in it but it will give you a good idea.

You better believe that the home owner left the Christmas wreath for us.



Here is the kitchen.


Back patio...this will be our favorite spot in the Spring and Fall.


This is looking from the kitchen into the family room.



We hadn't been in the house but 15 minutes on Monday and Jason was already on the roof cleaning out the gutters. That is a good sign that he is OK with doing all the dirty work.



We even have already had our first house guests. The Fabulous Duty's!

This is their natural reaction of course.


Well there it is, our first home. If you ever feel bored on the weekends, give me a call. I will definitely have something for you to paint, clean, scrape, pull up, mow...I mean the list goes on. But if you just want to stop by and say hello, that will be just fine too.
Stay tuned for remodel pictures!

23 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

1st Monday...in Canton. That's where our dog came from. Or shall I say PETER's dog. I'm not allowed to go there right now. ;) Peter said maybe June. :) hahahaahaaa

I LOVE the quaintness of the house!!!! I can't wait to see what you will do to decorate!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I was just reading your First Monday post and thinking to myself that I needed to go look for stuff for our new house. Then I saw that y'all bought a new house! Exciting! We close on ours April 30th...assuming the inspection goes well.

B said...

Yay! Congratulations!!

Jamie said...

Leigh Ann, it looks great. I can't wait to come over and see it and possibly help you. I am not sure if you want my help, but I will help.

Laura Webb said...

I love the house of course...but will I love the yard after Saturday?? Congrats, now you know what they say when you get a house?? BABY TIME!!!

annalee said...

WOW! that is SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats on your first home - how exciting for you! The house is lovely.
mary
hoganfe handbags

campers said...

YAY pictures..... i can't wait to see it in person....hopefully soon! Love u!

Kelby said...

Enjoy owning a house...
Congrats..

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Congrats! We are closing on our house this month too! We will have a lot of updating too! We must exchange "flipping" ideas. Do you watch the shows on TLC and HGTV?

allyo said...

Yea Casa de Booker! I love it! Can't wait to visit!

the thorntons said...

I love it!! I'm so excited for y'all to get to make your new house your HOME. That's the best part!

And I'm jealous...I wanted to go to 1st Monday so bad, but had too much going on. Next month maybe.

Nichole said...

Yeah....that is so exciting that you have bought a house. Congratulations!!! Keep posting your pictures as the house changes so we can see all your decorating skills in action.

ThePoeFam said...

YAY! Congrats! Can't wait to see it with all of your 'stuff!'

andydawn said...

YEAH!! SOO FUN :) You will decorate AWESOME!!! I wish I had your touch.

Mauri said...

Love the house! That is so exciting! I think it will necessitate anoter trip to Canton, but this time I will spend YOUR money! Congratulations!!!!

Cara said...

That's awesome! Congrats on your new home.

Becky said...

So fun to have a house. Have fun with the decorating....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that part!

Sarah B said...

Well, your SIL that loves to read blogs has finally (belatedly) found yours!!! Love all the pics. And Loved seeing it in person today. As with your friends, can't wait to see what all you do with it. Obviously, I don't do yard work, but I can come hold something if you need help hanging things or placing them :) Congrats again!

Shauna said...

Congrats! Cant wait to see the remodel pics - so much fun!

Laura said...

Congratulations, Leigh Ann! It looks like we have similar-type houses - I can't wait to see how you decorate, 'cause I could definitely use some help!

Sharee Forman said...

Congrats you guys on your first home!! You're going to love love those trees especially since you'll be able to enjoy them with that back porch! :)

Anonymous said...

Massive loads!