Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And the work begins....



I know it has been WAY too long since I have updated. So I will fill this one up with pictures of the house progress. So for the past 3 weekends, we (that includes Jason, my sister, Bob-in-law and my mom) have cleaned up the front and back yard, put together patio furniture, taken up tack strip, removed a medicine cabinet and the list keeps going. It has been so much fun working on the house. I am ready to live there:) THANK YOU family for all your help!!!







oops....I was tired from watching them work:)






So I decided to paint the Utility (closet) Fuchsia! I know it is a loud color, but I think it will excited me to do the laundry. Also it is next to our kitchen which is Vert Olive (or green). No Kojie jokes. I just happen to like that combination more than Blue and Yellow:)






Bob working the camera.




Lastly, I wanted to give a shout out to Mrs. Traci Duty...she won the American Idol contest at her School last Friday!!! She has been singing every week for I think the past 8 weeks. She was AWESOME!!

14 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS that she won American Idol! I need to tell her congrats.
I love the Fuschia alot.

sharon said...

i think i want to do laundry in that room! so fun. oh, and the first pic...classic Leigh Ann and Laura looks.

Sarah B said...

I think the fuschia will definitely make you smile when you open those doors! And when you get tired of it - you can paint it something else! :) Can't wait to see the other rooms' paint makeovers, too. (p.s. love the "bockers" reference :)

Mauri said...

seriously, if you think no kojie jokes are coming for a pink room next to a green room, you are sorely mistaken. you'll be saying beware 13 before you know it! AND please give MRS. DUTY my congratulations (since she doesn't have a blog for me to do it myself, hint hint Traci)....all those hours of working Big Time totally paid off!

The Davis Daily said...

Hey Lee Yan, congrats on the new casa! It looks like your having fun on the new house. I don't envy you at all, been there done that. Oh, I set up a new blog which is polar opposite of Kelbys. Check it out:kandhdavis@blogspot.com. Were you a KJK at heart?! ha-ha

Laura Webb said...

I told you that you would get crap for the pink and green choices!! I will gladly help you re paint...I don't want anyone to have the wrong idea about us!! :)

Andrea W. said...

Love the work on the house, you don't need to feel any shame about the the paint color choices. Wish I could help paint or plant, but darn, I live too far away! Sorry.

allyo said...

I can't wait to see your house. This summer, give us a call and we can help around the house...you know Jay will do anything for "Mom." We miss you! Looking forward to June!

I love the Fuschia! I might should try that...anything to get me motivated do work around the house!

PS. I knew you always secretly wanted to be a Kojie!! You wouldn't have very many Sing Song wins under your belt, BUT you would have been on a STUDLY flag football team! Go Ko Jo Kai :~)

Laura said...

looking goog leigh ann! I can't wait to come visit!

Shauna said...

So happy for the update - I have been waiting for one! And I love the laundry room color -fabulous!

Shanta said...

The Murrays are ready for a bbq on that fine patio furniture!

Anonymous said...

The house is looking great!!!
Stahl

jaymie said...

call me when the house is done and i'll come visit!! haha!! If you need something painted htat is really high..don't rent a ladder, call Kory!! Maybe i can see you since i kinda live here for a while.

Becky Martin said...

Leigh Ann,
Just found your blog (I start stalking blogs when I'm bored at my new job)! I love your house, kudos for all the great pictures. So good to see that you're doing great! You are officially on my RSS feeds now so I can stay updated!
Becky