Saturday, October 4, 2008

"The Fair Comes in October" - Terry Booker


That's right folks, it's October and that means the Texas State Fair is in town. Now I grew up in Abilene as most of you know and the fair there is just a little different than the one here:) They are both fun and scary in their own way. The Abilene West Texas Fair brought the scary people to work it and the State Fair is just in one of the scariest parts of town. But that's part of the experience. The West Texas fair has it's own yummy food like their Aggie Fries. Delicious! But I will say that the State Fair has many more yummy treats. My absolute favorite would have to be the fried Marshmallows. Watch Out! It's the most wonderful treat you will ever eat. See the pictures below as I check to make sure they were still yummy. Jason and I made a game plan before we hit the fair and we decided to split all we ate and then eat Salty, then a Sweet. We started with their famous must have Corn dogs. Then we hit the fried Smores...unbelievable! The graham cracker was still crunchy! I can't keep writing about what we ate because I am getting hungry:) Let the pictures do the talking....




Jason checking out the car show.

Now this is the Official food winner of the fair. I was not too excited about trying it but it was very tasty.


The Fried Marshmallow.



Free Ice Cream in the Food Market.

Fried Grilled Cheese. This was very very good!

Jason insisted that we go to the dog show.

The Borden Milk Cow. Thanks for the ice cream Elsie!

See you next week! That's right, we are going back for more.

I would also like to give a shout out to my Blog designer Mrs. Ashley Wilson! Thanks for the awesome Blog!!!

9 comments:

Sarah B said...

Love the new look - and the comment :) I'm jealous y'all have already gone, but I have plans for next Sat! Can't wait - even doing a unit on it my math class :) Good shout out to Dad, too. A true Booker comment.

Laura said...

wow -- the food at the TX State Fair looks much better than the stuff we had in Kentucky!

Laura Webb said...

Don't talk bad about Abilene Carnies! You loved riding the hammer!! Can't wait to go on the 14th

Kobty's said...

I'm going to make Tariq check out this post and see if that sells him on a family trip to the fair. You know he's anti-fair. :( Go Ashley!!! Blog design looks great!

Andrea W. said...

Your header is HYSTERICAL!

Laura said...

umm, I've totally been trying to teach Pete the Cooper fight song for Friday night -- but tonight we were on our way to DQ and he threatened to turn the car around if I didn't stop!! :(

campers said...

yay! for a new post! any suggestions for food on friday night?

andydawn said...

It has been a while since I have been to the fair...last time I was at the State Fair I saw Matthew McConaughey!!! That food looks soo yummy :) Can't wait to see you this weekend

Joni said...

love the new design!! I would have to say that fair food along with gas station food is my favorite:)