Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chicago!!



What a amazing city! I want to say that first. This was such a fun trip and if you haven't been to Chicago book you a ticket now! We had a blast and as you will notice...ate some really yummy food. Chicago is everything that NYC isn't, Clean & Friendly.











We did the museum thing....6 museums in 3 days. We are nerdy like that:)

This was the Field museum. It has the largest T-Rex in the world. I'm not going to lie, I LOVE dinosaurs. Ever since Jurassic Park in the 7th grade I've had a hidden obsession. The museum was really neat.


It had an "Underground" exhibit with bugs and stuff. We took it up a notch and made our own fun.







I Heart Dinos!


Jason enjoying a delicious Chicago style Hot Dog.








This was such a yummy stop!


My Boss is from Chicago and recommended that we eat here. This was our Anniversary dinner and it definitely did not disappoint!



The Chocolate cake was ginormous!


This next pic was probably the highlight of the trip. This breakfast stop was recommended by some friends of ours and this was the best advice we took the whole trip! I would consider myself a cinnamon roll expert, and I think I found my number one choice. Words CANNOT describe how crazy delicious these were. Just trust me on this one.





Art Institute


Millennium Park








Top of the John Hancock building




Science and Industry Museum









Our last meal before we came home...Giordano's pizza. This was probably my favorite out of the 3 pizza places we went to.
We were pretty sad our trip had come to an end:(





We had such a great trip celebrating 3 years of marriage! Chicago was good to us and we plan on going back many more times...

12 comments:

Laura said...

what a fun trip -- I've been to Chicago twice but you make me want to go again and again!! (you look BEAUTIFUL in your pics, btw)

andydawn said...

ALL the food looks GREAT!!! YUMMY :) I have never been:(

sharon said...

first things first: cute hair!

we went last year and happened to choose the coldest weekend of the year. highs of about 4 degrees and -20 wind chills. yikes! we hope to go back in the springtime. i want to go back just to find those cinnamon rolls!

jaymie said...

chi town is for sure fun!! How have we been friends this long and never talked about cinnimon rolls!! they are my #1 all time fav food no matter what!!! I've been to chicago and neve had one of those, but I would go there just for that!! Come to Longview and we'll eat some cinnimon rolsl together!!

Kobty's said...

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! I have always wanted to go to Chicago. Maybe for our 15 year, next year.

p.s. --- I'm starving now.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Giordano's was our favorite out of 3 as well. we were really only there for a day and a half and it rained and showed=misery. I wish I would have known about that breakfast place! YUM.

campers said...

i agree with sharon...love the hair!

Becky said...

I love your hair too! It's sooo cute. Anyway, on to dinosaur things...is the Field museum where dinosaur Sue is???

the thorntons said...

Chicago is one of those places I've always wanted to go, but just never had a good opportunity. You've inspired me though! Some of those pics in the museums remind me of our goofy pictures at the museums in D.C. in 8th grade. I'm envisioning Molly posing by a naked sculpture of some man... Anyway, Looks like y'all had a great time!

Shauna said...

I adore Chicago - love it in July.

The Davis Daily said...

I am glad you guys had a great time! And I am so glad to see that you are back to your blog. I hope Kitty is proud of me, because I don't know what I would do without her approval, ha! Well, I am dreading studying for it but I guess I am going to have to sooner or later.

Tricia said...

Great pictures...what a fun trip!!!